Summary of Fees (in US$)
Teaching for the fall semester of 2020\2021 will be online. Tuition fees for the online courses will be US$ 500 for each Arabic and\or Social\Political science course, with all other fees staying the same as listed below.
Application and housing allocation fees should be transferred to the university’s bank account. For bank information, please contact the PAS office at email@example.com.
- Application fee - $55
- Registration fee - $70 *
- Tuition - $700 for each Arabic language course; $600 for all other courses.( will be US$ 500 during online teaching). Tuition fees must be paid on the registration day. Birzeit University does not accept postal orders or money orders. Students should bring with them the full amount of tuition and related fees. They can pay with cash or by credit card (Visa cards only), in order to be able to pay and register on the registration day. Fees are non-refundable for courses dropped after the first week of classes. In the case of complete withdrawal from the program or from the courses within the first week of classes, students receive a 35 percent refund of the tuition fees. Courses may be changed during the first week of classes.
- Housing allocation fee (not applicable while classes are online) - $50** The university will assist students in finding accommodation according to the type of housing requested on their application form. The university will direct students to their accommodation on the first day of orientation or the first day of arrival (not on Fridays, Sundays, weekends, or holidays). Students will be responsible for all rent and associated payments to their landlords. Rent includes water, electricity and internet. Cooking gas and heating gas are paid for by the students. Students should budget as follows: US $200 per month for a shared room US $250 per month for a single room US $300-350 per month for food and transportation US $300-400 each semester for miscellaneous (entertainment, trips etc)
- Library fee - $10*
- Student Identification Card - $10
- Late-application fee - $30, if applications reach PAS after the application deadline.
- Internet fee - $15*
- Health Insurance - $10 * (The health insurance covers visits to the university doctor, lab tests if needed, and dental clinic on campus. Students are advised to buy a more comprehensive health insurance from their home country before arriving to cover hospital, specialized doctors or emergency surgeries.)
- Transcript & enrollment verification letters - $15
* These fees are paid each semester.
** (Students who need our help finding accommodation are strongly advised to send in their application form well before the application deadline).